The B.E. Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering is a four-year degree program designed to provide a broad liberal education as well as a strong foundation in electronics, communications, computing, engineering sciences, mathematical and scientific fundamentals in preparation to their practice as electronics and telecommunications engineers. The institute received an approval for starting Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering Course with effect from 2005 – 2006 with an intake of 60 students and subsequently started M.E. (EXTC) in the year 2010 with an intake of 18 students. The department has highly qualified and professionally skilled faculty members, who regularly conduct training programs in the areas of Network Administration, Communication, Design & Optimization, Network Security, Embedded Systems, Real-time DSP applications, VLSI design and RTOS.
The department has signed MoU with companies like Tata Consultancy Services, Sony Ericsson India Ltd to train and significantly improve technical knowledge and skills of students. Department faculties are rigorously involved in R&D activities. The research work is published in reputed international journals like IEEE, IET, AIP, ASP, Elsevier etc. and also in international conferences.
The students keep themselves equipped with the knowledge of their field with the help of organizations like the IEEE, IETE and college body F.E.T.S. Graduates of our department have been recruited by communications and networking companies, and in technology-driven fields such as financial services and consulting practices in which computing and information management are central to the operation of the enterprise. Our students are recruited on campus by companies like Sony Ericsson India Ltd, CISCO, Microsoft, IBM, Deloitte, L&T, Tech Mahindra, Infosys, etc.
To produce Telecommunication Engineers capable of effectively using the scientific and technical knowledge for the betterment of society.
- Provide high-quality teaching, state-of-the-art research and creative activity to acquire innovation and next generation technologies.
- Develop educational and career goals, decision-making skills and job search strategies needed to manage their professional and academic pursuits.
- Promote interaction and exchange with industry and other institutions of higher learning.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs):
The Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Telecommunication program has following educational objectives. These objectives are the long term career goals that we set for our students. Our program prepares students to achieve these objectives, four to five years after graduation.
- Graduates establish themselves in their chosen career paths by utilizing technical, leadership, communication and interpersonal skills, while complying with ethical standards.
- Graduates, through their excellence, contribute towards the next generation of telecommunication by engaging in Research and Development.
- Graduates demonstrate personal growth by pursuing or successfully completing advanced degrees and professional development courses in the field of engineering.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs):
PSO1: The ability to analyze,optimize and troubleshoot problems within Electronics
and Telecommunication field.
PSO2: The ability to apply open source tools for solving technical problems.
PSO3: The ability to analyze and design next generation technologies.
M.Tech.(Electronics and Telecommunication)
Program Educational Objectives :
- Graduates will be effective professionals in their chosen fields and careers.
- Graduates will engage in the research and development of cutting edge technologies with social and professional sensitivity.
Program Outcomes (PO):(At the end of the programme, a student will be able to)
PO1: Independently carry out research /investigation and development work to solve practical problems.
PO2: Write and present a substantial technical report/document.
PO3: Demonstrate a degree of mastery over the area as per the specialization of the program. The mastery should be at a level higher than the requirements in the appropriate bachelor program.