Post-Doctoral Research (Institute for Plasma Research, Gandhinagar)
Ph.D ( Electrical Engineering) V. J.T.I (Affiliated to Mumbai University)
M.E. (Electronics Design & Technology) DOEACC Centre, Aurangabad.
B.E. Electronics & Telecommunication Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University
Area of Interest
- Partial Discharge in HV systems
- Pulsed Electric Fields
- Worked as a Post Doctoral Fellow (PDF) in Institute for Plasma Research (IPR), Gandhinagar for one year (from June 2018 to May 2019).
- Working as Assistant Professor in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering Department, Sardar Patel Institute of Technology (SPIT), Andheri(W), Mumbai from 4th November, 2016 till date.
- Worked as Assistant Professor in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering Department, K. J. Somaiya Institute of Engg. And Information Technology, Sion, Mumbai from 1st Jan., 2014 to 3rd November, 2016.
- Worked as Assistant Prof. in Electrical Engg. Dept., VJTI, Matunga, Mumbai from 1st January, 2013 to 31st May, 2013.
- Worked as Assistant Prof. in Electrical Engg. Dept., VJTI, Matunga, Mumbai from 10th July, 2013 to 13th December, 2013.
- Worked as Teaching Assistant in Electrical Engg. Dept., VJTI, Matunga Mumbai from Aug., 2009 to Dec., 2012.
- Secured first position in the Engineering and Technology, PhD Category at the University level for his project entitled “Partial Discharge Analysis in High Voltage Insulation Systems”, & represented Mumbai University in Inter-university state level research convention “AVISHKAR 2015” during 21-23 Jan, 2015 at Nagpur.
- Conducted a session on “Partial Discharge in HV Rotating Machines” in the AICTE QIP “High Voltage and Partial Discharge” at VJTI, Mumbai on 15th March, 2016.
- Conducted session on “Mathematical Modeling using Weibull Function” in the STTP “Mathematical Modeling & its Applications” at K. J. Somaiya Institute of Engg. & I.T., Mumbai on 13th June, 2015.
- Co-ordinated National Symposium on “Evangelizing Internet of Things (IoT)” at K. J. Somaiya Institute of Engineering and Information Technology on 5th October, 2015
- Invited as session chair at International conference ICNTE 2015 at Fr. C. Rodrigues Institute of Technology, Vashi on 10th Jan., 2015.
- Successfully organized TEQIP – II sponsored two week STTP on “Signal and Image Processing with Wavelets” during 16th to 25th Dec., 2013 at VJTI, Mumbai.
Research papers published at conferences, Journals and Transactions
- A.S. Deshpande, Dr. H. A. Mangalvedekar, Dr. A. N. Cheeran, “Partial Discharge Analysis using Energy Patterns”. Intl. Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems (IJEPES), Elsevier Publication, Vol. 53C, 2013, pp184-195.
- A.S. Deshpande, A. Saxena, S. Umbarkar, H. A. Mangalvedekar, A. N. Cheeran, F. S. Kazi, N. M. Singh, “Electrodynamic Analysis and Characterisation of Void Discharge Using PIC Code”, Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Pulsed Power and Plasma Science, San Francisco, USA, June 2013.
- A.S. Deshpande, Dr. A. N. Cheeran, Dr. M. P. Pillai, “X-Ray Image Processing for Non-Destructive Detection of Spongy Tissue in Alphonso Mango”, International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technologies (IJCSIT), ISSN No.:0974-8385, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp.245-247, 2010.
- A. S. Deshpande, Dr. A. N. Cheeran, Dr. H. A. Mangalvedekar, “Comparison of PD and Tan Delta with Energy Approach”, 8th India-Doble Power Forum on “PD Monitoring of High Voltage Assets-Modern Trends”, 2-4 Dec., 2010, Ahmedabad.
- A. S. Deshpande, A. S. Patil, Dr. A. N. Cheeran, “The Applications of Weibull Function to Partial Discharge Analysis and Insulation Ageing: A Review”, Intl. Journal of Advanced Engg. Sciences and Technologies (IJAEST), Vol. 3, Issue. 2, pp.111-114, 2011.
- S. Anup, A. S. Deshpande, Dr. A. N. Cheeran, Dr. H. A. Mangalvedekar, “Reliability Evaluation of High Voltage Insulation Using Weibull Distribution”, Intl. Journal of Research and Reviews in Electrical and Computer Engg. (IJRRECE), Vol. 1, No. 2, pp.55-62, June 2011.
- A. S. Deshpande, Dr. A. N. Cheeran, Dr. H. A. Mangalvedekar, “Characterization of Insulation Using Partial Discharge Measurement”, 9th India-Doble Power Forum on “On-line Monitoring of High Voltage Assets”, 8-10 Dec., 2011, Bhopal.
- A.S.Deshpande, Dr. A. N. Cheeran, Dr. H. A. Mangalvedekar, “Spectrum Analysis of Partial Discharge Signals”, International Journal of Engineering Sciences & Emerging Technologies, Vol 4, Issue 2, 2013, pp37-43.
- N. Bhosale, P. Kothoke, A. S. Deshpande, Dr. Alice Cheeran, “Analysis of Partial
Discharge using Phase Resolved (φ-q) and (φ-n) Statistical Techniques”, Intl. Journal of Engg. Research & Tech.(IJERT), Vol. 2, Issue 5, May 2013, pp1960-1965.
- P. Kothoke, N. Bhosale, A. S. Deshpande, Dr. Alice Cheeran, “Analysis of Partial Discharge using Phase Resolved (n-q) Statistical Techniques”, Intl. Journal of Engg. Research & Appns. (IJERA), Vol. 3, Issue 3, June 2013, pp1317-1323.
Post PhD research papers published at conferences, Journals and Transactions
- Amol Deshpande, G Veda Prakash, Uttam Goswami, Raj Singh and Anitha V. P., “Implementation of Line Type High Voltage Nanosecond Rectangular Pulse Generator with Adjustable Pulse Widths for Liquid Discharge Applications”, IEEE Pulsed Power and Plasma Science (PPPS-2019), Orlando, FL, USA, 23-28, June, 2019.
- Amol Deshpande, G Veda Prakash, Raj Singh and Anitha V. P., “Implementation of Line Type High Voltage Nanosecond Impulse Generator”, National Symposium on Vacuum Electronic Devices and Applications (VEDA- 2018), SAMEER-IIT Guwahati, Guwahati, Assam, 22-24, November, 2018.
- Jitendra Kumar, Amol Deshpande, Raj Singh and Anitha V. P., “Experimental Technique and Precautions for Measurement of Standing Wave Patterns inside the Rectangular Waveguide”, National Symposium on Vacuum Electronic Devices and Applications (VEDA- 2018), SAMEER-IIT Guwahati, Guwahati, India, 22-24, November, 2018.
- (Poster Presentation) Amol Deshpande, G Veda Prakash, Raj Singh and Anitha V. P., “Development of Variable Pulse Width, Variable Amplitude, Nanosecond Rise Time, Line Type High Voltage pulse Generator”, 33rd National Symposium on Plasma Science and Technology (Plasma-2018), Delhi University, New Delhi, 3-7, December, 2018.
- One week STTP on “The New Generation 4G and 5G Innovations, Research, Scope and Limitations” organized by K. J. Somaiya Institute of Engineering and Information Technology (KJSIEIT) and Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), during 17th to 21st November, 2015.
- TEQIP – II sponsored two week STTP on “Signal and Image Processing with Wavelets” during 16th to 25th Dec., 2013 at VJTI, Mumbai.
- ISTE – IITB Mega workshop on “Introduction to Research Methodologies” sponsored by National Mission on Education Through ICT (NMEICT), funded by MHRD from 25th June, 2012 to 4th July, 2012.
- One day workshop on “Effective Research Methodology” at SGGS, Nanded on 23rd Jan, 2010.
- National level Workshop on “Insulation Systems for Transformers” at VJTI, Mumbai during 19th – 21st Nov., 2009 (Without Certificate).
- Three days workshop on “IEEE National Level Workshop on Wavelets and its Applications” at SGGSIET, Nanded during 8th-10th June, 2009.
- One week workshop on “MATLAB for Engineering Teachers” from 8th June to 14th June, 2008 at KBP College, Satara.
- Five days workshop on “Fiber Optic Sensors & Applications” at DIAT, Pune from 30th July to 3 Aug. 2007.
- Two day workshop on “PCB Design Workshop” at MIT College, Aurangabad.
- Life Member:
• Plasma Science Society of India (PSSI),
• Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE)
• Vacuum Electron Devices and Applications (VEDA),
• The Instittution of Engineering and Technology (IET)
Extension: 384, Room No.506, 5th Floor, Electronics & Telecommunication Department, Sardar Patel Institute of Technology, Andheri(W), Mumbai 400058.