Mission of the UG Program – PEOs matrix with justification
As per AICTE reforms suggested, revised PO-PI Competency document is drafted and is available for reference.
To produce Telecommunication Engineers capable of effectively using the scientific and technical knowledge for the betterment of society
- Provide high-quality teaching, state-of-the-art research and creative activity to acquire innovation and next generation technologies.
- Develop educational and career goals, decision-making skills and job search strategies needed to manage their professional and academic pursuits.
- Promote interaction and exchange with industry and other institutions of higher learning.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs):
- Graduates establish themselves in their chosen career paths by utilizing technical,leadership, communication and interpersonal skills, while complying with ethical standards.
- Graduates, through their excellence, contribute towards the next generation of telecommunication by engaging in Research and Development.
- Graduates demonstrate personal growth by pursuing or successfully completing advanced degrees and professional development courses in the field of engineering.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs):
PSO1: The ability to troubleshoot hardware and software faults/ bugs in Communication systems.
PSO2: The ability to apply open source tools for solving technical problems.
PO1: Engineering Knowledge: apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
PO2: Problem Analysis: identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
PO3: Design & Development of Solutions: design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
PO4: Conduct Investigation of Complex Problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions.
PO5: Modern Tools Usage: create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
PO6: The Engineer and Society: apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
PO7: Environment & Sustainability: understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
PO8: Ethics: apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice.
PO9: Individual & Team work: function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
PO10: Communication: communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
PO11: Project management & Finance: demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
PO12: Life-long Learning: recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.