The B.E. Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering is a four-year degree program designed to provide a broad liberal education as well as a strong foundation in electronics, communications, computing, engineering sciences, mathematical and scientific fundamentals in preparation to their practice as electronics and telecommunications engineers. The institute received an approval for starting Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering Course with effect from 2005 – 2006 with an intake of 60 students and subsequently started M.E. (EXTC) in the year 2010 with an intake of 18 students. The department has highly qualified and professionally skilled faculty members, who regularly conduct training programs in the areas of Network Administration, Communication, Design & Optimization, Network Security, Embedded Systems, Real-time DSP applications, VLSI design and RTOS.
The department has signed MoU with companies like Tata Consultancy Services, Sony Ericsson India Ltd to train and significantly improve technical knowledge and skills of students. Department faculties are rigorously involved in R&D activities. The research work is published in reputed international journals like IEEE, IET, AIP, ASP, Elsevier etc. and also in international conferences.
The students keep themselves equipped with the knowledge of their field with the help of organizations like the IEEE, IETE and college body F.E.T.S. Graduates of our department have been recruited by communications and networking companies, and in technology-driven fields such as financial services and consulting practices in which computing and information management are central to the operation of the enterprise. Our students are recruited on campus by companies like Sony Ericsson India Ltd, CISCO, Microsoft, IBM, Deloitte, L&T, Tech Mahindra, Infosys, etc.
To produce Telecommunication Engineers capable of effectively using the scientific and technical knowledge for the betterment of society.
- Provide high-quality teaching, state-of-the-art research and creative activity to acquire innovation and next generation technologies.
- Develop educational and career goals, decision-making skills and job search strategies needed to manage their professional and academic pursuits.
- Promote interaction and exchange with industry and other institutions of higher learning.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs):
The Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Telecommunication program has following educational objectives. These objectives are the long term career goals that we set for our students. Our program prepares students to achieve these objectives, four to five years after graduation.
- Graduates establish themselves in their chosen career paths by utilizing technical, leadership, communication and interpersonal skills, while complying with ethical standards.
- Graduates, through their excellence, contribute towards the next generation of telecommunication by engaging in Research and Development.
- Graduates demonstrate personal growth by pursuing or successfully completing advanced degrees and professional development courses in the field of engineering.
PROGRAMME LEARNING OUTCOMES:
The outcomes of the program objectives are:
- Engineering Knowledge: The ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, engineering and science to solve complex engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis: The ability to identify, formulate and analyze engineering problems.
- Design/development of Solutions: The ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as environmental, social, ethical.
- Conduct Investigations of Complex Problems: Ability to conduct investigation of complex problems and find appropriate solution leading to valid conclusion.
- Modern Tool usage: An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for telecom engineering practice.
- The Engineer and Society: Ability to be aware of societal, health, safety, cultural, legal issues and responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice.
- Environment and Sustainability: The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in environmental and societal context.
- Ethics: Apply professional ethics to engineering practices.
- Individual and Team Work: The ability to function in multi-disciplinary teams by involving in technical activities.
- Communication: The ability to comprehend, present and document effectively.
- Project Management and Finance: Ability to apply engineering and management principles.
- Life-long Learning: The ability to engage in lifelong learning with advances in technology.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs):
PSO1: The ability to analyze, optimize and troubleshoot LAN, optical and mobile networks.
PSO2: The ability to analyze, design and implement embedded systems using open source tools.
PSO3: The ability to design and develop next generation technologies.