Ph.D (IIT Bombay)
M.E. Electronics Engineering
B.E. Electronics Engineering
Area of Interest
- Embedded System
- Digital Power Electronics
- VLSI Design
- Wireless Sensor Networks
Pre PhD papers published at conferences, Journals and Transactions
- Y. Srinivasa Rao and Govind Haldankar, ` Space Vector Modulation Using DSP processor’ National Conference on Emerging Trends in Computer, Communication and Information Technology organised by K. J. Somaiyya College of Engineering Mumbai- 77, 2009.
- Ronak Gandhi, Y. S. Rao, Anish Raut and Ninad Sawe, “Green House Control Using Embedded Web-Server”, SPIT-IEEE Colloquium 2008 and International Conference, 4-5 Febrauary 2008.
- Y. S. Rao, Anish Raut and Ninad Sawe, “Real Time Vibration Analyzer Using Bluetooth Technology”, SPIT-IEEE Colloquium 2008 and International Conference, 4-5 Febrauary 2008.
- Sumeet Shetty, Meghana Korde and Y. S. Rao, “Wireless Sensored Networks”, SPIT-IEEE Colloquium 2008 and International Conference, 4-5 Febrauary, 2008.
- Nileshwar, K. Mhatre, N. Kuchroo, O. Mansata and Y. S. Rao, “Comparison of Fuzzy Control and PID Control in Embedded Systems” SPIT-IEEE Colloquium 2008 and International Conference, 4-5 Febrauary 2008.
- Y. S. Rao, Navan Savla, Nirav Shah, Amit Jardosh, and Kaushik Barat, “Swift Doc” Remote Monitoring of Heart abnormalities’, IEEE Computer Society International Design Competition, CSIDC-2002, Washington D.C.
- PC Based ECG Analyzer and Transmitter, Y. S. Rao, R. P. Sood , Proceedings of the National Conference on Biomedical Engineering, pp 76-81, April 21-22, 2000 University of Roorkee.
- Handheld ECG Monitoring System, Y. S. Rao and R. P. Sood, Proceedings of the National Conference on Biomedical Engineering, pp 82-84, April 21-22, 2000 University of Roorkee.
- DSP Add-On Card ,IETE Technical Review, D. N. Kyatanavar, Y. S. Rao, and A N Tiwari , pp 375-380, vol 16, No 3 & 4, May-August 1999.
- Microprocessor controlled copying attachment on shaper machine Proceedings of the 18th All India Manufacturing Technology Design and Research Conference, 9 – 13, December 21-23, 1998, IIT-Kharagpur .
- D. N. Kyatanavar, Y. S. Rao, and A N Tiwari ‘Low Cost Video Digitizer’, IE(I) Journal – ET, Vol 77, 99-87, March 1997.
- PC Based ECG Analyzer, D. N. Kyatanavar, R P Sood and Y. S. Rao, IETE Technical Review , pp 33-40, vol 13, No-1, January-February 1996.
PhD research papers published at conferences, Journals and Transactions
- Y. Srinivasa Rao and Mukul Chandorkar, ‘Real-Time Electrical Load Emulator using Optimal Feedback Control Technique’, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 57, No. 4, pp. 1217-1225, April 2010.
- Y. Srinivasa Rao and Mukul Chandorkar, `Rapid Prototyping Tool for Electrical Load Emulation using Power Electronic Converters’, Proceedings of the IEEE Symposium on Industrial Electronics and Applications, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 4-6 October 2009.
- Y. Srinivasa Rao and Mukul Chandorkar, `Electrical Load Emulation using Optimal Feedback Control Technique’, Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology, Gippsland, Australia, 9-13 February 2009, pp. 748-753, ISBN:978-1-4244-3507-4.
- Y. Srinivasa Rao and Mukul Chandorkar, `Electrical Load Emulation using Power Electronic Converters’, Proceedings of the IEEE Region 10 Conference, Hyderabad, India, 19-21 November 2008, ISBN:978-1-4244-2408-5.
- Y. Srinivasa Rao and M. C. Chandorkar, `Load Emulation with Power Electronic Converters’, Proceedings of the National Power Electronic Conference, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India, 17-19 December 2007.
- Y. Srinivasa Rao and M. C. Chandorkar, `Numerical Integration Methods for Digital Power Electronics and Electrical Drives,’ CIEE-05 National Conference on Computational Intelligence for Electrical Engineering, pp. 20-24, 18-19, November 2005.
Post PhD papers published at conferences, Journals and Transactions
- Anita B. Jadhav & Y. Srinivasa Rao, “Energy-Efficient Method for Handover in LTE Femtocell Networks”, IEEE International Conference on Energy Systems and Application DYPIET Pimpri, Pune India, 30 October to 01 November 2015.
- Literature survey: in GPU accelerated circuit simulation, Ms. Shital Jagtap and Dr. Y S Rao at the “National Conference on Modeling, Optimisation and Control” (NCMOC-2015), March 4-6, 2015, VIT Pune.
- Automated Dental Drilling System Prototype, Tanvi Chaugule, Priyank Deshpande, Dipen Shah, Dr. Y. S. Rao and Dr. Arvind Lakhwan, International Conference on Communication, Information & Computing Technology (ICCICT-2015) Mumbai, India, Jan. 16-17 2015
- A Discrete-time Controller for Phase Shift Controlled load-resonant Inverter without PLL, Rajendra Sawant, Yeramreddy Srinivas Rao, IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics, Drives and Energy Systems (PEDES-2014), IIT-Bombay, 16-19 December 2014.
- Non-Local Incoherent Artifact Reduction in MRI Using Compressed Sensing, Bharat Tak, Rajesh Harsh, Dharmesh Verma and Dr. Yerramreddy Srinivasa Rao, International Conference on computation of Power, Energy, Information and Communication ICCPEIC-2015, 22-23 April 2015.
- Analysis of Black hole and Gray hole attack in Wireless Ad-hoc Network, Nikita Thalia, Yerramreddy Rao and Reeta Chattani,International Conference on Advances in Computing and Information Technology ICACIT 2014, Elsevier Publication 2014, ISBN No. : 978-93-5107-300-0
- Android Based Application To Control Embedded Web Server in a Wireless Sensor Network, Sanchali Kshirsagar, Dr. Y.S Rao, National conference on Advances in Engineering Techniques, NCAIET-2015, organized by Sri Vellappally Natesan College of Engineering.
- “BYOD-Secure Integration of Mobile Devices Into Organization’s Network”, Suresh Mestry, and Dr. Y S Rao, IEEE International Conference on Electrical Computer and Communication Technologies (IEEE ICECCT 2015).
- Dr. Y S Rao, and Shreeshankar Varma `Real Time Simulation and Hardware-in-the-loop in the context of Hardware Security’, National conference on Emerging Trends in Computer and Electrical Engineering (ETCEE-2014), ATMIYA Institute of Technology and Science, Rajkot
- Harshal B Vashi, G.T. Haldankar and Dr. Y S Rao, `Real Time Circuit Simulation using DSP Processor’, IEEE International conference for convergence of Technology, I2CT-2014, 7th April 2014, Pune.
- Asawari Dudwadkar and Dr. Y.S Rao, ` MATLAB Simulation of Inverters for Induction Heating System’, IJSR International Journal of Scientific Research,June 2013.
- Vijay Mulik, Harsharaj Narsale, Pratik Parab, and Dr. Y. S. Rao, `Optimum Solar Powered System for Sustainable Development’,ICEECP conference 31st March 2013, Goa.
- Vashi Harshal, Haldankar G.T. and Rao Y S, `Detection of Atrioventricular Node and its parameters using ECG’, Fourth IEEE International conference on Computational Intelligence and Communication Networks (CICN), Mathura 03-05 November 2012, PP. 295-299, DOI: 10.1109/CICN.2012.97
- Bhavin Kamdar, Dhaval Shah, Bhisham Mirchandani, Y. S. Rao, ` Real Time Speech Recognition using IIR Digital Filters Implemented on an Embedded System’, 2012 International Conference on Communication, Information and Computing Technology (ICCICT), Mumbai, 19-20 October 2012.
- Vinit Gala, Harshal Nishar, Hardik Dave, Y.S.Rao, ` Real-Time Implementation of an Adaptive Channel Coding System using Reed-Solomon Codes’, 2012 International Conference on Communication, Information and Computing Technology (ICCICT), Mumbai, 19-20 October 2012 .
- Bhavin Kamdar, Dhaval Shah, Shahid Sorathia, Y. S. Rao, ` Design and Hardware Implementation of a Low Complexity MIMO OFDM System’, 2012 International Conference on Communication, Information and Computing Technology (ICCICT), Mumbai, 19-20 October 2012.
- Sawmit Tanmay, Sawant R. R and Y. S. Rao, ` Discrete Time Control Technique for Induction Heating System’, 2012 International Conference on Communication, Information and Computing Technology (ICCICT), Mumbai, 19-20 October 2012.
- Bhavin Kamdar, Dhaval Shah, Shahid Sorathia, Y. S. Rao, ` Hardware Implementation of PAPR Reduction Scheme for OFDM System’, 2012 International Conference on Communication, Information and Computing Technology (ICCICT), Mumbai, 19-20 October 2012.
- Y. Srinivasa Rao and Mukul Chandorkar, ‘Electrical Load Emulator for Unbalanced Loads and with Power Regeneration’, IEEE-IES ISIE-12, Hangzhou, China, May 28th to 31 2012.
- Y. Srinivasa Rao, Shivkumar Iyer, and Mukul Chandorkar, `FPGA Implementation of a Phase Locked Loop for Digital Power Electronics’, IEEE R8 International Conference on Computational Technologies in Electrical and Electronics Engineering SIBIRCON-2010, Irkutsk Listvyanka, Russia, 11-15 July 2010, pp. 665-670, ISBN: 978-1-4244-7625-1.
- Prashant Nair, Santosh Kumar, Srihari Narayanan and Y. Srinivasa Rao, `Reconfigurable software for real-time emulation of electrical and electronics systems to aid measurement and testing’ ICTM 2010 an IEEE calendar conference, Phuket, Thailand, 1-2 December 2010.
- Jatin Gangani, Amod Samant and Y. Srinivasa Rao ‘Reconfigurable blocks for digital power electronics applications in FPGA’, 26th Annual Applied Power Electronics Conference, Forth Worth, Texas, USA, March 6-10, 2011.
- Prashant Nair, Santosh Kumar and Y. Srinivasa Rao, ` Remote data acquisition and process monitoring on a low cost microcontroller using bluetooth & GSM technology’ ICTM 2010 an IEEE calendar conference, Phuket, Thailand, 1-2 December 2010.
- Prashant Nair, Santosh Kumar and Y. Srinivasa Rao, `Real Time Emulation of Electrical Systems for Rapid Prototyping in an Embedded Processor under a Multitasking Environment’ India International Conference on Power Electronics IEEE IICPE 2010, New Delhi Jan 28-30 2011.
- Dan Technocraft – Ethuopia
- Indra Packing Machines – Malad
- SNDT – Santacruz
- Sanjivani Sugar Ind. – Kopargaon
- Shirdi Sansthan ICU – Shirdi
- Johnson and johnson – Santacruz
- Actis Technologies Pvt. Ltd. – Andheri
- Trio Info.Tech. Pvt. Ltd. – Andheri
- Trio Info.Tech. Pvt. Ltd. – Andheri
- Siemens Information Systems Ltd., Khargar
- KarRox Technologies Ltd., Andheri (W)
- Jetking Electronics, Shewri , Mumbai: 18 months – from July 1990 to Dec 1991 as a Trainee Engineer.
- Sanjivani COE, Kopargaon: 8 years – from 8th January,1992 to 31st August 1998 as a lecturer and from 1st September, 1998 to 31st December, 1999 as an assistant professor.
- Sardar Patel College of Engineering (UA) & SPIT, Andheri-W, Mumbai: 10 years from 3rd Jan 2000 to 15th February 2010 as an assistant professor.
- Sardar Patel Institute of Technology, Andheri-W, Mumbai: from 16th February, 2010 as a professor and Head of the Electronics and Telecommunication Department and from 1st May 2011 as a vice principal till date.
- Consultant (R&D) Gadhia Solar Energy Systems Pvt. Ltd. from 08/11/2011 till date.
Honorable mention award by IEEE Computer Society, Washington D.C.,USA, at the International Design Competition (CSIDC-2002), for the project “Swift Doc”.
- Recognized UG&PG Teacher of Mumbai University in Electronics& Telecommunication Engineering
- Recognized Ph.D Guide of Mumbai University in Electronics& Telecommunication Engineering
Guest Faculty / Technical expert
NITIE, Powai ; UMIT, SNDT; Xavier, Mahim; SIES, Navi Mumbai; DJS COE, Vile Parle; NMIS, Vile Parle.
Expert Lecturers delivered at Short Term Teachers Training Program (ISTE / STTP)
- Technical Paper writing, 21-22 July 2011, Faculty Training Program, Sardar Patel Institute of Technology, Andheri (W), Mumbai-58.
- 3rd Eye A new angle of vision towards Research, 18-23td July, 2011 ISTE STTP course, Rizvi College of Engineering, Bandra (W), Mumbai-50
- “Recent Trends in DSP and its Applications” , 15th July 2011 ISTE-STTP course, VIT, Wadala (E), Mumbai
- “Embedded System & Real Time Programming”, 11-15th July 2011 at Terana Engineering College, Nerul (W), Mumbai.
- “Orientation Programme on Embedded Systems” conducted on 05February 2011 at Shah and Anchor Kutchhi Engineering College, Mumbai.
- “Embedded Systems and VLSI Design”, 23-26 November 2010 ISTE-STTP course, Sinhgad Institute of Technology, Lonavala, Pune-410 401.
- “Design with 8051 Microcontroller (Mechatronics)”, 19-20th March 2010, Mechanical Engg Dept, Sardar Patel College of Engineering, Anderi-W, Mumbai-58.
- “MSP430 Controller and open source Tools”, 7th January, 2010, ISTE-STTP course, Fr. Conceicao Rodrigues College of Engineering, Bandra (W), Mumbai-50.
- “Embedded Systems and Project Management”, 12th August, 2009, EXTC Dept. K. J. Somaiya Engineering College, Vidyavihar (W), Mumbai.
- “Robotics: Basics to advance”, 2nd June, 2009, EXTC Dept. Thadomal Shahani Engineering College, Bandra (W), Mumbai-50.
- “Embedded Systems and RTOS”, SPIT-IEEE Colloquium and International conference, 4-5 Feb. 2008.
- “Fundamentals of Circuit Simulation”, 28th August, 2008, Electronics Engg. Dept. SPIT, Mumbai.
- “Real Time Systems”, Terna Engineering college, Nerul-W, STTP on “VLSI & Embedded systems” 9th July 2008.
- “Software Tools for Electronics and Telecommunication Engg”, RGIT, 2008.
- “DSP Applications” Electronics Engineering Dept, Sardar Patel College of Engineering, Munshinagar, Mumbai -58.
- “Microcontrollers and VLSI devices”, June-2007, Physics Department Bhavan’s college.
- “Emerging Micro electronics and VLSI Technologies for Communication Systems” 19th June-30th June 2006, Vidyavardini’s College of Engineering & Technology, Vasai (W), Mumbai.
- “Advance Data base Management”, Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Kurla (W), Mumbai-70.
- “Information Technology orientation for Engineering Teachers”, December 19 – 30, 2005, Department of Information Technology, D J S College of Engineering, Vile parle (W), Mumbai-56.
- “Embedded DSP Design and Applications”, June 05 – 16, 2006, Dept. of Information Technology St. Fransis Institute of Technology, Borivali (W), Mumbai-103.
- “Recent Trends in Mechatronics”, May 8 – 12, 2006, Department of Mechanical Engineering , Sardar Patel College of Engineering, Munshinagar, Mumbai -58.
- “C-Programming”, Mechanical Engineering Dept, Sardar Patel College of Engineering, Munshinagar, Mumbai -58.
- “Advanced Applications in Electronics Engg.”, December 11 – 23, 2006, EXTC Dept. Thadomal Shahani Engineering College, Bandra (W), Mumbai-50.
- “Microcontrollers and Embedded Systems”, November 27 – Dec.7, 2006, Department of Electronics Engg., D J S College of Engineering, Vile parle (W), Mumbai-56.
Courses / Programs funded by Industry / MHRD
- Microsoft Academic Developer Program: Faculty Training Program on .NET technology 14th June 2004 to 18th June 2004 (fund of Rs 60,000).
- FOSSEE-Project IIT Bombay one week National workshop on Scilab, December 20 – 24, 2010-11 (fund of Rs 3, 50,000).
- Xilinx University Program: DSP Design Flow – Sardar Patel Institute of Technology, University of Mumbai, Mumbai, India, January 6-7, 2010-11(fund of Rs 5,00,000).
- Electroworks: Competition and Exhibition for Electronics workshop Projects twice in an academic year (fund of Rs 50,000).
- Mumbai University Research Project Ref No. APD/237/1629 of 2010 29th November, 2010-11 Project No: 353 (grant 35,000).
- DST IEDC for the Project “Portable Smart Patient Monitoring System” (Grant of 1,00,000), year-2011-12.
- Gadhia Energy Systems Pvt Ltd. Three projects on Photo Volatile, PLC and Data acquisition (Grant of 4, 00,000), year-2011-12.
Short Term Courses Conducted for UG / PG Students
SPCE, SPIT, Andheri-W ; IIT-B, Powai ; RGIT, Versova,; LMIT, SNDT, Juhu ; DJSCOE, Vile parle(W) ; SFIT, Borivali(W).
- Embedded Systems Design and applications
- Real Time DSP
- Computer Hardware and Design
- RTOS for ARM and VLSI Design
- PCB Design
IDE Systems Developed for conducting Short term Training Programs
- Fixed point and Floating point DSP Kits
- CPLD and FPGA Kits
- HIL simulator using DSP-FPGA
- Signal conditioning for three phase systems
- JTAG Emulators for VLSI Devices
- 16-bit RISC Systems
- ARM Systems
- Wireless interface using RF and Bluetooth
- Command interpreter for DSP Processors
- BSL interface for Texas Instruments MSP processors
- Low cost AVR RISC system
Room No. 310, 3rd Floor, Electronics & Telecommunication Department,
Sardar Patel Institute of Technology, Andheri(W), Mumbai 400058.